viernes, 13 de enero de 2012

More wordy fun!

I've made this using a resource on the "teachers-direct website" . It's an interactive wordsearch for students to practice irregular past tenses. This is ideal for 5th and 6th year primary. I'll explain how I did it, the whole process takes less than 10 minutes!

If you click on "make your own wordsearch" which opens a new page with a few easy steps.
1st - give a name to your wordsearch.
2nd - select the age of students you are making it for (this helps other teachers find your puzzle and share resources)
3rd - select: grid size - 15 x 15; wordsearch type - interactive wordsearch; text - lower case then click - "next" and a new page opens with a space for you to put in the words you want to use in your wordsearch.
4th - I just copy pasted a table of irregular veb endings from any of the hundreds you can find on the net, but you can use anything, animals, fruit, halloween vocab etc and you can use as many words as you want. I used about 44!
5th - select word direction - all directions and unused letters - normal (this is incase the programme needs to add extra letters to fill spaces).
then click preview which shows you how the wordsearch will look.
Then you have an option to add a description to help other people find your puzzle and you press create. All done!
You now have a pdf version and a link to the interactive wordsearch on the web.
Here's mine!

4 comentarios:

  1. Hi Liam,
    This is a very useful post. I usually make this kind of stuff for Primary School students, but I make it through an excel template. It's much better this way as learners can do it at home as many times as they like. Do you mind if I use this tool instead of the excel template?
    Thanks!!

    Ana

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi Anna,

    Please do use this tool! I'm glad you like it. It's really easy and really quick. The advantage is that when you press the "create" button at the end, it also gives you a PDF version that you can print out and give to hte children for homework!
    ttfn
    Liam

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hi Liam!

    It’s a very good link, and particularly, I like so much this exercise because it’s a different form to practice the vocabulary and it likes students.

    I give private lessons to a child who courses Primary and I am going to use this exercise to review vocabulary. Thank you!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hi Liam,
    I like a lot this post. It seems to be so useful for us. As Ana, I use to create my owm crossword by a rudimentary way. That's quite interesting to not waste your time at this kind of staff. These tools make easier our teachers life. You can focus your energy in other things,besides you can use your time to be more creative than to work on the process.
    Thank you so much indeed, I would try this one as well Ana, if you don't mind.
    Best regards,
    Juan Carlos.

    ResponderEliminar